Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I lied

The posting of the new robots will maybe come tomorrow, maybe the day after. I don't know. They're being drawn, just not posted at the moment. If they aren't up tomorrow, they will definitely be up the day after.

Yesterday I was all about Girl Talk and today I'm all about DethKlok. And I just realized that they rhyme. Also, Brenden Small (creator of Metalocalypse and DethKlok) was born in Springfield, IL.

To tie to that, my girlfriend recently decided that my pointless super power is knowing everything about Illinois. This is not true. I do, however, know a lot more than many I encounter here in Southern California. For instance, I was working on a film set last year and got in an argument with a woman about whether or not Chicago was considered "East Coast." When I explained that the city of Chicago is in Illinois and therefore miles and miles away from the Atlantic Ocean (here's my google map) she replied, "Yeah, but, it's in the east." I think it is this widespread kind of thinking here that makes my knowlege of Illinois mythical.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lumping us Midwesterners from Illinois with the East Coast only confirms how geographically retarded most Americans are. And also how coastal centric people can be.

On the other hand, I tend to lump CA in with Asia, because it's all westerly anyway.